In this sermon I discuss Job and mental illness. I share from my own journey, scripture and science on why you can be spiritually healthy and mentally ill. I know that might sound like a premise that is somehow incongruent with how many people present the Christian life but I ask that you listen and judge for yourself if my premise is tenable.
1. God stands with you and will defend you: Job 42:7-10
2. God won’t abuse you: Matthew 12:15-20
3. God won’t abandon you: Romans 8:38
4. God is the anchor of your soul: Hebrews 6:13, 19-20
5. God can bring meaning out of our pain and suffering: Isaiah 58:9-12