You can listen online or download our Sunday Podcasts below.
The woman at the well, the Spirit & Revival
1. Mission Shaped Disciples understand the priority of person over place
2. Mission Shaped Disciples understand the balance between Spirit & Truth
3. Mission Shaped Disciples challenge but never condemn
4. Mission Shaped Disciples are led not driven
5. Mission Shaped Disciples are moved by a ‘now not later’ mindset
6. Mission Shaped Disciples live with: Prophetic Expectation
7. Mission Shaped Disciples understand the importance of time
Part one of a two part message on the vision and values of mission shaped disciples. This is a refresher course on who we are, where we are going and why we do what we do at Jacob’s Well Church. Essential content for those coming from traditional churches to understand the important distinctives between an attraction vs missional church.
“How to avoid making a mess of the message of the New Testament’s only apocalyptic book.”
Part One: 7 Essentials for Climbing Mt. Revelation
“It is scarce possible for any who either love or fear God not to feel their hearts extremely affected in seriously reading Revelation…I by no means pretend to understand or explain all that is contained in this mysterious book. I only offer what help I can.” -John Wesley
1. Understanding what to leave out of your pack
2. Understand the Historical Place of the Letter
3. Understand the Old Testament Content of Letter
4. Understand the importance of the Date of Writing
5. Understand the Type of Literature
6. Understand the Four Most Common Views of Revelation
7. Understanding the Millennium Question: Premillenial, Postmillennial and Amillennial
10 postures of mission the church must have to respond to the challenge of world missions today.
1. Moving from Fear to Fatih
2. Moving from Apathy to Obedience
3. Moving from Paralyzed to Prayerful
4. Moving from Acceptance to Expectation
5. Moving from Complacent to Compassionate
6. Moving from Privileged to Generous
7. Moving from Maintenance to Mission
8. Moving from Annoying to Anointed
9. Moving from Resistant to Receptive
10. Moving from Patience to Punishment
In this sermon, we look at the four primary prophetic messages Amos brought to the people of God and surrounding nations: Destruction, Desecration, Disobedience, Dependance(trust)
We beautify our homes….but not our hearts.
We betray our brothers…instead of showing mercy and forgiveness.
We brutalize….instead of build up others.
We use others to get what we want.
We live off the labor of others.
We love the worship of the Lord…but not the Lord of worship.
Lessons on Prayer from the book of Isaiah
The Possibilities of Prayer
The Revelation of Prayer
The Transformation of prayer
The Power of Prevailing Prayer
A message to help equip believers in a greater experience of prayer.
This is a message that attempts to bring some helpful perspective to the pursuit of healing and the challenge of unanswered prayer. Many bible readers fail to see that there are many examples of believers struggling with sickness referenced in the New Testament and not all are healed. This is not an apologetic for sickness and disease or an attempt to show that miracles are not for today. It’s a pastoral plea to understand what the bible teaches unanswered prayer, community and what God does through, in or in-spite of sickness.
God is a jealous lover of His people and the prophet Jeremiah and Ezekiel write some strong break up songs. In one of the oddest stories in the bible, God uses underwear to speak to his people. It’s a message that will awaken your heart with the extent to which God will reach out to those He loves.
Help finding fulfillment & meaning Monday to Sunday from the book of Isaiah.
The Gift of Work
The Dangers of Work
The Offering of Work as Worship
Worship at Work
- Work should be shaped by Worship (Who God is and what God expects of us)
- Work is about order over chaos (providing stability, order and possibilities)
- Work is about provision for yourself, family, others
- Work is a means to meaning (what you do, how you do it and what you do with the income)