You can listen online or download our Sunday Podcasts below.
A message about the challenges of Faith & Reason in the Christian life based on John 1, C.S. Lewis and Thomas Aquinas. I must confess this is one of my most favorite messages given.
A quick update from Margaret Nelson, our friend on mission in Uganda and then a surprising look at giving from the standpoint of Jesus and the widows in Jerusalem. This message contains the core thoughts about giving as I see them in the New Testament. Hopefully it will be liberating and helpful to navigate the tithe based teaching and the prosperity based teaching so prevalent in the church today.
Opening thoughts and points related to the themes we will face in reading through Leviticus.
In reading through the Bible as a church, we have come across the texts that connect prosperity with God’s blessing. This idea has often been at the root of a lot of bad theology, accusations from skeptics and misunderstanding in life. We tackle this subject in this sermon and hopefully provide something that will help you think clearly about an often confusing idea.
Genesis 39:2-3, 5: “The LORD was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Potiphar noticed this and realized that the LORD was with Joseph, giving him success in everything he did.”
“From the day Joseph was put in charge of his master’s household and property, the LORD began to bless Potiphar’s household for Joseph’s sake. All his household affairs ran smoothly, and his crops and livestock flourished.”
Nathan shares their family’s vision and plan for their upcoming mission to Berlin Germany.
There are three things that make the earth tremble—no, four it cannot endure:
-a slave who becomes a king,
-an overbearing fool who prospers,
-a bitter woman who finally gets a husband,
-a servant girl who supplants her mistress.
1. Most Men Don’t Know Where They Are Going: Hebrews 11:8
2. Do whatever Your Wife tells You to do: Genesis 21:12
3. You are Never To Old To Experience the Promises of God: Genesis 18:14
4. Trust God to Fulfill God’s Word: Genesis 15:12,17
5. Stop Trying to Fulfill God’s Promises in Your Own Way: Genesis 16:1-3
6. Trust in “The God Who Sees You”: Genesis 16:13-14
7. Trust those in Authority God placed Around You: Genesis 17
8. Trust God to Speak to You in His Timing: 25 Years: Genesis 18:10-15
9. Separate from Whatever God says to Sever: Genesis 21:10-12
An exposition of the subject based on Acts 4 that helps demystify the subject and help believers see the ongoing work and witness of the Holy Spirit throughout the believers life.
An exposition of John 20: “Jesus Breathed on them”